There has been a revolution in the bathroom – industrial-style – with black becoming a go-to colour for making a big impact in small and large spaces alike. From sanitaryware to brassware and accessories, black is a timeless choice that makes a statement: bold, tough, sleek, and calm.
With matt black featuring across several of its best-selling bathroom collections, RAK Ceramics offers five top tips for making black work in your bathroom.
- Mix and match – black is a neutral colour so can easily be mixed with different materials like marble, concrete, stone or wood, and various earthy colours like white, beige and marble-inspired white. The result is a bathroom that oozes originality – the perfect way to really make this personal space your own.
- Choose black as an accent – even using black to make a small change in an existing bathroom can have a big impact. Change up the taps, opt for a new washbasin or simply add some stylish matt black accessories.
- Cosy up a small space – going all-out with black, or darker shades in general, creates a cosy ambience in a compact bathroom or cloakroom. If your bathroom lacks natural light, embracing black can complement the space, where bright colours and white may leave it feeling saturated.
- Go classic in monochrome – Black and white bathrooms will never go out of fashion – or be boring – and there are countless ways to really make this look work, including combining black sanitaryware with white tiles, or vice versa.
- Take good care – put the chemical cleaners away and rinse away traces of soap and grime with a soft cloth to keep your black bathroom looking beautiful. Regularly cleaning with a mix of hot water, washing up liquid with a microfibre cloth will stop unsightly limescale forming.
Contact: RAK Ceramics UK
More news and product information from RAK Ceramics